Riverview Neighbourhood Park Master Plan – Final
The City of Niagara Falls is pleased to present the final master plan for Riverview Neighbourhood Park. This master plan reflects consensus comments from the community that were received from the entire consultation process (Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.) Key features of the master plan include;
- A new playground area with accessible turf surfacing near Cattell Drive with a neighbourhood scale seating area.
- A refurbished tennis court with a new full-size basketball /multi-purpose court and spectator benches.
- A looping trail system that connects Cattell Drive to Sarah Street.
- Bench fit exercise stations along the looping trail system.
- A natural ice rink with seating.
- A smaller asphalt parking lot at Cattell Drive.
- A children’s soccer field.
- Open green space for informal play.
- Refurbished park signage.
- Vehicular barriers at both Cattell Drive and Sarah Street frontages.
- A solar powered lighting system will be installed at the new playground.
- New tree planting throughout the park including larger spaded trees and smaller nursery stock.
In addition to the features listed above, the master plan will also include the removal of the existing soil berms and the installation of new storm sewers throughout the park to deal with poor drainage.
This master plan will be used as the guide for the development of park construction plans. Please note that through the design process minor adjustments may be made to address technical or financial constraints. Thank you to everyone for your time attending public information centres and providing great suggestions for how to make Riverview Neighbourhood Park a wonderful place.
Consultation has concluded