Question: How do I submit my feedback?
Your feedback can be submitted via the online discussion forums, quick polls, forms and surveys relevant to each of the projects currently open for consultation.
To participate for the first time, simply:
- Sign up to the site by clicking on the 'Sign In' button
- Choose a screen name and password
- Provide a valid email address, your name, and postal code
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and click the 'Sign In' button
Question: Why is the City of Niagara Falls engaging online?
Traditional public consultation usually involves attending public meeting or providing written submissions to Council, and this can often be time consuming and inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. However, 'Let’s Talk Niagara Falls' gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
Question: Why do I need to register to this site to make a comment?
We ask you to register to the website for a few reasons.
- It helps to minimize the chance of the debate being manipulated by someone leaving lots and lots of comments supporting their own position.
- It also helps to make sure that people only make a comment after they have really thought through the issues.
- It also means that we can let you know any news if something major changes about the consultation.
Question: Can I use this site anonymously? How can I be sure you won’t reveal my identity?
Yes, you can use this website anonymously. Even when you register and post comments, your anonymity is protected because you are identified by your chosen screen name.
Bang the Table Pty Ltd hosts this website on behalf of City of Niagara Falls and will not reveal the identities of account holders to the City of Niagara Falls. Any communication will always come to you via this website so your email address is not revealed unless you choose to email the City of Niagara Falls directly.
Questions: What happens to my feedback/comments?
All comments, ideas and suggestions are collated and used by the relevant project manager to inform the development of strategies, programs and activities, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other face-to-face consultation activities such as meetings, public information centres or surveys.
When each consultation closes, all contributions are compiled into a report, which will be presented to Council when considering the particular matter.
All feedback provided during consultation will be considered, however this does not mean that every suggestion can be taken on board and adopted as proposed.
Note: All comments you make through this website will be public records for anyone to read.
Question: Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and the City will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations.
Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any other purpose.
We do not ask for your personal details or require them at any time as part of your participation.
Who can I contact about Let’s Talk Niagara Falls?
Let’s Talk Niagara Falls is coordinated by City of Niagara Falls Communications team.
If you have any questions about content, or Council's consultation and engagement process, please email email@example.com
If you have a question regarding a specific project currently open for consultation, please contact the relevant project manager. Their contact details can be found in the Project Team section for each project.
Question: How are discussion forums moderated?
All public comments within discussion forums, guest books and questions and answers are moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants and for comments that are off topic.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent to the City of Niagara Falls. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment is advised by email. Please refer to the moderation guidelines.